Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Skip Navigation LinksHome > School Way Cafe
A+ A- Reset

School Way Cafe

SWC Final 2018.png 


Our Vision

Positively Impacting students by serving delicious, healthy meals.

Our Mission

We are committed to nurturing the hearts and minds of our students by serving healthy meals and providing exceptional customer service.

Who Are We?

We are Volusia County Schools employees serving delicious, healthy meals to our students.  We are:

  • A non-profit, self-supporting organization. We do not receive local tax dollars to support our program or to cover our expenses, such as food, labor, supplies and equipment costs, including delivery trucks.
  • Mostly funded by the United States Department of Agriculture and partly funded by the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (Food and Wellness Division), and our customers.

More Facts About School Way Café

  • We are the largest restaurant chain in Volusia County, with over 68 restaurants.
  • Last year, we served
    • 2,510,925 Breakfasts
    • 5,310,163 Lunches
    • 223,369 Supper Meals
    • 62,229 Summer Breakfasts
    • 86,564 Summer Lunches
  • We serve fresh fruits and vegetables daily.
  • All food we serve must meet strict nutritional standards, including calorie, sodium and fat limits.
  • All grain items we serve are at least 51% whole grain.
  • All juice (cartons, frozen, slushies) we serve is 100% juice.
  • All snack items we sell:
  • Are 200 calories or less
  • Have 200 or less mg of sodium
  • Have 35% or less calories from fat
  • Have 0 grams of trans fat
  • Have 35% or less sugar by weight

Please contact us at if you have questions regarding our program.


"The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or if all or part of an individual's income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form online, at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to the USDA's director for the Office of Adjudication by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at

Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (in Spanish).

VCS Outlook Web Access
VCS Staff Applications