Volusia County Schools has implemented a new Visitor Management system. In order to better protect our students, visitors and staff; all visitors and volunteers will be required to show a valid government issued ID. This identification will be scanned into our new Visitor Management system by office personnel.
• Visitor parking will be located directly in front of the new office (in the bus loop parking area). This parking is only for visitors who plan to sign in at the office and remain on campus for an extended period of time. This parking lot is not for parents who only wish to escort their child to breakfast or to the morning supervision areas.
• Gates to the bus loop and new visitor parking lot will remain open all day.
• Vehicles may not enter the bus loop when buses are on campus. Busses are loading and unloading from 7:30-8:00am and 1:40-2:00 pm (12:40-1:00 early release) daily. Official Visitors and Volunteers may pull in and park, however neither pedestrian nor vehicle traffic is permitted to cross the bus lanes while school buses are present. Pedestrian traffic will utilize sidewalks within the parking lot to access the Main Office.
• The procedures for parent pickup will not change. The parent loop gates will be open for student drop off for breakfast at 7:20am and for morning supervision at 7:35am.
• For the safety and security of all stakeholders; schools are permitted to have one point of access during school hours. Parent loop gates will be the gates that are locked during school hours. The parent loop gate will open at 7:20 am and be locked at 8:15am. Any parents that are dropping off students and not signing in the office will need to be out of the parking lot by 8:15 am. The parent loop gate will reopen for afternoon dismissal at 1:30pm (12:30 on early release).
• Parents are encouraged to stay in your vehicle at dismissal for parent pick-up. Parents that park and walk up for dismissal will wait in the designated area.
Thank you for your cooperation and help to keep our students safe each morning! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us!