You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Turn off Animations
Turn on Animations
Volusia County Schools
Office of Professional Standards
Safe Operations Forms and Manuals
Forms and Manuals
Jessica Lunsford Act (JLA)
Welcome to the Volusia County School Board re-fingerprint instructional/information page!
On July 1, 2004, the State of Florida enacted a law that requires each school district to re-fingerprint employees every five years from their hire date. This means that July 1, 2009, becomes the re-fingerprint anniversary date for employees hired and or fingerprinted on or before June 30, 2004.
The Volusia County School District has contracted with Priderock Holdings Company to assist with the re-fingerprint process. During the re-fingerprint process, you will be asked to provide personal information (name, date of birth, social security number, etc…) on an electronic fingerprint card located on the Priderock website. The personal information is strictly used by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the Office of Professional Standards to complete your background check.
Numerous security measures have been taken to protect your personal information to include encrypting the information when transmitted over the Internet to FDLE and the FBI. The computer servers where your personal information is stored are held to the highest security standards similar to the banking industry and limited people have access to your personal information to include FDLE and FBI employees and limited members of the Office of Professional Standards.
It is recommended that you print this page prior to clicking into the following web link.
To begin the re-fingerprint process please go to the following web link
where you will complete an online form and receive a confirmation code that you have registered to be reprinted.
After you have clicked into the above link:
1. You will be placed on an informational page regarding the re-fingerprint process. Read the instructional page, place a check in the box at the bottom of the page stating you understand the instructions and then click the next button to go to the next page.
2. Once in the second web page enter the confirmation code provided and click the submit button.
3. On the third web page select the State Locator function at the bottom left hand corner of the page, select FL (Florida) as the option and click the search button.
4. On the fourth web page go to the right hand corner of the page and select your work location (Name of School) and click the schedule now button.
5. On the fifth web page you will complete a web form that collects information about you to assist in the re-fingerprint process.
You must complete all the fields marked in the color red;
Write the telephone number without brackets ( ) or a hyphen -;
Write the height and weight only with numbers. For example if you are 5 feet 10 inches tall and weigh 180 pounds then the height should be written as 510 and weight as 180;
Write the social security number without hyphens -;
Write the date of birth using two digits for the month and date and four digits for the year. For example if you were born January 1, 1960 write the date of birth as month 01, date 01, and year as1960;
List your school board email address. If you do not have an email address use your supervisor’s email address; and
If you choose to list your drivers license as the identification do not use hyphens between the numbers of your license.
Once you have completed each section in red click the next button.
Review the information you have entered on the form, if the all the information is correct then mark a check in the box and click the next button.
Print the confirmation page and your department head and/or supervisor will provide you with a date and time at a school board location where you will be re-fingerprinted by our fingerprint vendor, PrideRock Holding Company.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Will the re-fingerprint process cost me money?
No, the School Board has agreed to pay for the re-fingerprint process.
2. What information will the school board receive after my fingerprints are taken and processed by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the Federal Bureau of Investigation?
The School Board will be notified of all criminal history (arrests, convictions…) that are noted in your background.
3. Do I have to report to the School Board that I was convicted of a crime misdemeanor or Felony?
Yes, after March 26, 2002, all school board employees were required to notify the school board if they were convicted of a misdemeanor and /or felony within 48 hours after conviction.
4. What if I failed to notify the School Board of a crime I was convicted of after March 26, 2002?
Immediately notify your supervisor and the Office of Professional Standards of the conviction.
5. If I have any questions about the re-fingerprint process whom should I ask?
Please call the Office of Professional Standards at extension 20256.