Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
    • Sign Language

    ADA Request For Sign Language Interpreters  

    Whenever a parent or member of the general public requests a sign language interpreter to attend a school-based event, such as an IEP meeting or teacher/parent conference, please submit an e-mail request to: 
    Ms. Cynthia Sears, ESE Speech Specialist  
    Phone: (386)734-7190, extension 53721 
    For employees, applicants and the general public requests for sign language interpreters at School Board or district events, please submit an email request to: 
    Ms. Anne Marie Wrenn, Assistant Director, Equity
    Phone: (386)734-7190, extension 20313 or 20312 
    The email request for sign language interpreter must include the following: 
    • School/department requesting the sign language interpreter.
    • The event (IEP meeting, teacher/parent meeting, school board meeting, etc.).
    • Dates and location of the event.
    • Begin time and approximate duration of the event.
    • Contact person for request. 
    Please submit your requests for sign language interpreters one to two weeks prior to the date of the event whenever possible.
    Note: At times parents or employees obtain sign language interpreting services from other agencies such as Deaf Services or Vocational Rehabilitation.  Nothing in these procedures precludes the use of such services.  However, when such arrangements are made, the school or department should be so informed to avoid duplication of services.
    Translate This Page
    VCS Outlook Web Access
    VCS Staff Applications